I researched for car for almost two months for a Grand Cherokee Overlander. E-mailed different dealer with price quotes. Sales Manager called me from Central Avenue Jeep in NY called me asking if I purchased yet and I replied that I was going to purchase that weekend. I had a quote of $5000 down and $520.

I explained to him that a family member also wanted to by the SRT8 and a coworker was interested in a Compass. I gave him there personal information for their negotiations.

He offered $5000 and $515 a month out the door for 72 months. We agreed on a purchase price of $5000 and $515 a month out the door for 72 months. (About $33500)Agreed to extended warranty bring price slightly higher.

Wanted Jeep in red with black interior but none on stock. They ordered it and I was told it would take about 4 to 6 week. After 4 weeks waiting I called for update and was told it would take 6 to 8 weeks. Received call after 8 weeks that car arrived.

When signing the loan paperwork I realized that they raised the price of the car without telling me by $4000. 71 payment at $515 and a balloon payment for $4500. I explained to them that was not the price negotiated with the sales manager (Andrew Floyd). Sales person (Michael LaBooty) stated that he thought I agreed to price. I stated NO! Was referred to Finance Manager (Danny) who tried to convince me that it was the best deal they could give me and I replied that that may be so but it was not the sales price offered by the Sales Manager. Asked to speak to sales manager and was told he was not there. So I walked away from deal because I felt I was being bamboozled.

Following day Sales Manager called to try to convince me that was the best price he could offer and I replied that it was not the price he offered. He stated that the conversation was two months ago and he did not remember. I did not feel like he was telling me the truth. I researched the dealer and found complaints of that dealer and Sales Manager doing it to others, so I said go good bye.

Had an Experience with Central Avenue Chrysler Jeep?

Comments